On November 13, up to 128 people were killed, 200 injured (of whom 99 in critical conditions) in at least 6 coordinated terrorist attacks in Paris. 8 attackers were killed; 7 were suicide bombers. The exact death toll remains unknown as the situation is still unfolding.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far, although the Islamic State has released a video saying that France would not live peacefully as long it continues its bombing campaign in Syria.
- 21:00: Terrorist attack the La Belle Equipe restaurant in Rue de Charonne. 18 people were killed.
- 21.20: 3 explosions in the proximity of the national stadium “Stade de France” caused by suicide bombers. At least 10 people killed or injured.
- 21.57: A hostage taking situation was reported at the Bataclan concert hall. About 80-100 people were held captive.
- 21.30: Terrorists detonate an explosive device and open fire on customers at Le Carillon bar (Rue Alibert 18), and at the “Le Petit Cambodge” restaurant in Rue Alibert 20. About 14 people were reported killed and at least 3 others injured.
- 23.50: President François Holland declared State of Emergency and the closure of borders. In addition, he demanded the deployment of 1,500 soldiers in Paris.
- 00.30am: Police stormed the Bataclan. 3 suicide bombers detonate their explosive vests, 1 other attacker was shot dead. 82 people were killed.
- Shooting in Boulevard Voltaire 253, 1 killed.
- Shooting at the La Cosa Nostra restaurant in Rue de la Fontaine-au-Roi, 5 killed.
|Rue de Charonne 92||La belle Equipe||Restaurant||18|
|Boulevard Voltaire 50||Bataclan concert hall||Cultural center||82|
|Boulevard Voltaire 253||?||?||1|
|Rue Alibert 18
Rue Alibert 20
Le Petit Cambodge
|Rue de la Fontaine-au-Roi 2||La Casa Nostra||Restaurant||1|
|93216 Saint-Denis, Paris||Stade de France||Sport facility||10|
- Suicide bombing
- Shooting with automatic rifles AK-47
- Metro lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11 have been closed in the 10th and 11th districts. Buses have also been halted.
- French authorities have declared the Red Plan Alpha, which indicate urgent measures to secure multiple victims in a location.
- President Holland have declared the State of Emergency, demanded the closure of border and increased security in Paris, where about 1,500 soldiers were reported being deployed.
Some of the attackers are still on the run.